The League of Women Voters of White Plains is working in concert with the city of White Plains, as a member of the Complete Count Committee, to educate citizens about the importance of completing their census surveys.
Did You Know...
- Census Day is Wednesday April 1, 2020 (no joke!)
- The Census will be digital for the first time.
- The Census will be available in 60 languages, Braille, and large print.
- Census results help determine how billions of dollars in federal funding flow into states and communities each year.
- The results determine how many seats in Congress each state will be apportioned.
- It is mandated by the U. S. Constitution in Article I, Section 2.
- The U.S. has counted its population every 10 years since 1790.
- By law, the Census Bureau cannot release any identifiable information about you, your home, or your business, even to law enforcement agencies. That’s protected under Title 13 of the U.S. Constitution.
- Everyone living in the U.S. is required by law is to be counted in the 2020 Census; regardless of citizenship status.
- There is NO citizenship question on the 2020 Census.
The League of Women voters of White Plains hosts a monthly series featuring a local organization that benefits the community, in order to educate residents about the services available to them. In doing so, we hope to encourage our friends and neighbors to become more engaged with their community.
February 2020 - El Centro Hispano, Inc.