The League Answers Your Questions about Voting!
You may have seen the League’s tent at the Chappaqua Farmers Market, as we help community members get ready to cast their votes in the election. For answers to your questions, please sign up for our emails and follow us on Facebook.
The Westchester County League has spearheaded education efforts, including this video with all the specifics about the three ways you can cast your ballot.
DEADLINES FOR VOTING IN THE NOVEMBER 3, 2020 GENERAL ELECTION
- October 9, 2020 - Last day to postmark voter registration form or to register in person at your county Board of Elections office.
- October 24 - November 1, 2020 - Early voting period
- October 27, 2020 - Last day to postmark application for absentee ballot. From the Westchester County Board of Elections: "Please be aware that despite the above deadlines the post office has advised that they cannot guarantee timely delivery of ballots applied for less than 15 days before an election."
- November 2, 2020 - Last day to apply in person for absentee ballot
- November 3, 2020 - Last day to postmark ballot for general election (must be received by November 10, 2020)
- November 3, 2020 - Last day to deliver absentee ballot in person to Board of Elections
- November 3, 2020 from 6 am to 9 pm - Election Day
League of Women Voters New York Congressional District 17 Candidates Forum
League of Women Voters New York Senate District 40 Candidates Forum
Register to Watch and Submit Questions
The League of Women Voters virtual Candidates Forum for candidates in the New York State Senate District 40 election will be held
Wednesday, October 21, 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Rob Astorino (Rep, Con, ROS) and Pete Harckham (Dem, WF, I) - Incumbent have been invited to attend.
The League also invites the public to submit questions for the candidates to answer during the Forum here. The deadline to submit a question is Tuesday, October 20 at 12 p.m. (noon). Questions will not be taken during the Forum or through YouTube.
For information, contact Suzanne Kavic at lwv.newcastle.president [at] gmail.com.
Did you miss our conversation about how student-led, experiential civics education can equip our students with the skills, knowledge, and dispositions for lifelong civic participation in our 21st century democracy? You can watch it here, thanks to NCCMC.
LATEST NEWS FROM NYS LEGISLATURE AND GOVERNOR CUOMO:
- Anyone in NYS may request an absentee ballot for the general election and use the temporary illness excuse if they are trying to avoid COVID-19.
- Voters can apply more than 30 days before the election for an absentee ballot. The ballots will be mailed out about September 18, 2020.
- To be sure that your vote is counted, vote early or apply for an absentee ballot today and mail it back as early as possible.
On July 28th, the Pace Women's Justice Center and the LWVNC partnered to present a program on Title IX sexual discrimination laws. The video can be viewed here.
Conversation with Westchester County Executive George Latimer
The League of Women Voters of New Castle invited the community to join in a Zoom conversation with Westchester County Executive George Latimer on July 16, 2020.