Sacramento County Board of Supervisors Celebrates
Happy 100 years to the United States League of Women Voters!
Apply for the Sacramento City Redistricting Commission!
Diverse voices are needed on the Sacramento City Redistricting Commission. The May 1 deadline is approaching! Support fair representation & independent redistricting - if you live in the city, check out the criteria and consider submitting an application. The League encourages the participation of variety of voices to keep democracy healthy.
GET OUT THE COUNT ..... fill out your census forms online
What questions are on the census forms? Check this out!
This web page shows the response rates for each state and nationwide - pretty cool map!
Your Response Matters
Invitations to respond to the 2020 Census were delivered in the mail - use the login number to complete the census online. Click here to find the census form and complete it in less than 5 minutes!
You can respond online in one of 13 languages and find assistance in many more. Click here to access the many ways to complete the Census. People can complete the Census by phone.
Door-to-door census takers are not in action, yet, due to health restrictions.
Sacramento results are in - March 3rd votes!
Hot off the presses!
Who are we?
The League of Women Voters of Sacramento County is an organization of both women and men that welcomes diversity, equity and inclusion. Located in California's Capitol, League of Women Voters of Sacramento County is uniquely positioned to participate in the study of political issues at both the local and state level.
- We encourage informed and active participation in government.
- We work to increase understanding of major public-policy issues.
- We influence public policy through education and advocacy.
What can I do as a member?
- The Sacramento League launched an education campaign about ranked-choice voting used in some cities to rank candidates in order of preferences. Let us know if your group would like information on voter education, voter registration or ranked-choice voting.
- The Sacramento League was recently featured as a case study in the book Vote for US, by Joshua Douglas, Ph.D. He tells the story of how we led a governance reform effort in Sacramento.
- The League of Women Voters Sacramento County has a Criminal Justice Reform committee following the Sacramento Police Review Commission and we are working on something for the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department as well.
- Suffragists Club members provide extra funding for League activities and celebrate our annual Anne Rudin schlarship winner. To join, see the various membership levels.
The League does not support nor oppose candidates or political parties.
What are our voter registration and education activities?
Voter Registration fun with Marge!
- Voter registration, Street Vets pet clinic, first Sunday every month.
- Support for the Registrar's Office with extra mock elections.
- Distribution of voter materials in Sacramento area Post offices.
- Public Policy and Politics Forum, UC Davis, 2/20/2020
- Voter registration, Parkside Community Church, 2/22/20
- Voter registration, CSUS Hinde Auditorium, 2/25/20
- Voter registration, CSUS Hinde Auditorium, 3/2/20
- past event
How do I vote in California; are you prepared for November?
- Register to Vote
- Voting is easier than ever with Voter's Choice
- You will get your ballot by mail
- You can vote early or on election day
- You can put your signed ballot in any Ballot Drop Box or mail it in
- You can bring your ballot to any Vote Center
- Visit Voting & Elections for more of the California League's voter services including positions on Statewide propositions.